Jessica Drew: Other Titles

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

X-Men 203

Claremont·Romita·Williamson·Oliver
CROSSROADS: Jessica Drew overhears Rogue and Kitty as they join their life forces with the Phoenix (Rachel). Jessica offers her life force as well to join the Phoenix to do her part in fighting the evil of the Beyonder.

Ororo talks the Phoenix out of destroying the universe and with the Phoenix's return, restored back the life forces she had taken. Suddenly the Beyonder appears and Jessica Drew asks who and what the devel is he? The beyonder answers Jessica Drew saying:"I am fron another space. There is was all. Yet whe a cosmic event made me aware of your space--and thereby of my own existence--I found myself asking, is that all? I sought answers, yet discovered only confusion and contradiction. I desire order, yet all about me is chaos. I require oneness and unity, yet behold only multiplicity and apartness. This is wrong."

As the Beyonder asks for his power back from the Phoenix, she give him more that his power (all that Phoenix experienced, the totality of life, all it s forms and all its infinite glory) and is overwhelmed. The Beyonder later say: "I find myself envying your humanity. In that your race is truly blessed. Don't squander it. The beyonder disappears.

Note: I don't think the Phoenix took Jessica's life force as there are no images indicating so. Phoenix later responds that the the Beyonder does not deserve the sacrifice of such soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home